I have just used google's search by image to find "visually similar" to my LOVe quilt. The results are beautiful and surprising.
To do this for one of your own quilts or quilt ideas:
1. start with a google search page - I use www.google.ie
2. click images on the bar above the google search box
3. click the camera at the right of the google search box
4. upload your own image, or paste in the url of an image you have found on the internet
5. marvel at the similar images
To track these images it is good to use Pinterest - a free online pin board. I developed the colours for the LOVe quilt with my sister's pinterest colour boards. She created an "ice-blue" mood board and that was the colour palette I worked with.